- R. Huckfeldt. 2001. "The Social Communication of Political Expertise," American Journal of Political Science 45: 425-438. (link)
- K. Ikeda and R. Huckfeldt. 2001. "Political Communication and Disagreement among Citizens in Japan and the United States," Political Behavior 23: 23-52. (link)
- P. Beck, R. Dalton, S. Greene, and R. Huckfeldt. 2002. “The Social Calculus of Voting: Interpersonal, Media, and Organizational Influences on Presidential Choices,” American Political Science Review 96: 57-74. (link)
- R. Huckfeldt, P.E. Johnson, and J. Sprague. 2002. "Political Environments, Political Dynamics, and the Survival of Disagreement," Journal of Politics 64: 1-21. (link)
- B. Braybeck and R. Huckfeldt. 2002. "Urban Contexts, Spatially Dispersed Networks, and the Diffusion of Political Information," Political Geography 21: 195-220. (link)
- B. Braybeck and R. Huckfeldt. 2002. “Spatially Dispersed Ties Among Interdependent Citizens: Connecting Individuals and Aggregates,” Political Analysis 10: 261-275. (link)
- R. Huckfeldt, J. Morehouse, and T. Osborn. 2004. “Disagreement, Ambivalence, and Engagement: The Political Consequences of Heterogeneous Networks,” Political Psychology 26: 65-96. (link)
- R. Huckfeldt, J. Mondak, M. Craw, and J. Mendez. 2005. "Making Sense of Candidates: Partisanship, Ideology, and Issues as Guides to Judgment," Cognitive Brain Research 23:11-23 (link)
- R. Huckfeldt, K. Ikeda, and F.U. Pappi. 2005. “Patterns of Disagreement in Democratic Politics: Comparing Germany, Japan, and the United States,” American Journal of Political Science 49: 497-514. (link)
- J. Mondak and R. Huckfeldt. 2006. “The Accessibility and Utility of Candidate Character in Electoral Decision Making,” Electoral Studies 25: 20-34. (link)
- J. Mondak, E. Carmines, R. Huckfeldt, D. Mitchell, S. Schraufnagel. 2007. "Does Familiarity Breed Contempt: The Impact of Information on Mass Attitudes Toward Congress," American Journal of Political Science 51:34-48. (link)
- R. Huckfeldt, E.G. Carmines, J.J. Mondak, and E. Zeemering. 2007. "Information, Activation, and Electoral Competition in the 2002 Congressional Elections," Journal of Politics 69: 798-812. (link)
- R. Huckfeldt. 2007. "Unanimity, Discord, and the Communication of Public Opinion," American Journal of Political Science 51: 978-995. (link)
- R. Huckfeldt and J.M. Mendez. 2008. "Moths, Flames, and Political Engagement: Managing Disagreement within Communication Networks," Journal of Politics 70: 83-96. (link)
- R. A. Jackson, J.J. Mondak, and R. Huckfeldt . 2009. "Examining the Possible Corrosive Impact of Negative Advertising on Citizens' Attitude toward Politics," Political Research Quarterly. 62: 55-69. (link)
- R. Huckfeldt. 2009. “Interdependence, Density Dependence, and Networks in Politics,” American Politics Research 37: 921-950. (link)
- T.K. Ahn, R. Huckfeldt, and J.B. Ryan. 2010. “Communication, Influence, and Informational Asymmetries among Voters,” Political Psychology 31: 763-787. (link)
- R. Huckfeldt. 1986. Politics in Context: Assimilation and Conflict in Urban Neighborhoods. New York: Agathon Press, 1986.
- R. Huckfeldt and C.W. Kohfeld. 1989. Race and the Decline of Class in American Politics. Urbana: University of Illinois Press.
- R. Huckfeldt and J. Sprague. 1995. Citizens, Politics, and Social Communication: Information and Influence in an Election Campaign. New York: Cambridge University Press.
R. Huckfeldt, P. Johnson, and J. Sprague. 2004. Political Disagreement: The Survival of Diverse
Opinions within Communication Networks. New York: Cambridge University Press.